- November 5th – Bl. Frances d’Amboise – (1427-1485) – Religious
- November 6th – St. Nuño Alvares Pereira – (1360-1431) – Religious
- November 6th – Bl. Josepha Navál Girbes – (1820-1893) – Virgin
- November 7th (OCD Memorial) – Bl. Francis Palau y Quer – (1811-1872) – Priest
- November 8th – Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity – (1880-1906) – Virgin
- November 14th – All Carmelite Saints of the Order
- November 15th – All Carmelite Souls of the Order
- November 19th – St. Raphael Kalinowski – ((1835-1907) – Priest
- November 29th – Bl. Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross– (d.1638) – Martyrs
Picture InfoGarden of Gethsemane
All Authority is Given to the ChurchViews expressed in this blog are entirely my own and do not claim full authority. Links and blog sites posted are sites of interest. Opinions expressed in them do not necessarily reflect my own views. Any conflict with the teaching of the Catholic Church is purely unintentional. I concede to the teachings of the Church and the Order of Carmel in all matters.
From: The Book of the First Monks; Felip Rebot O.Carm – 13th century~~~~~ The goal of this life is two-fold. One part we acquire with the help of divine grace, through our efforts and vituous works. This is to offer God a pure heart, free from all stain of actual sin. We do this when we are perfect and in Cherith, that is hidden in that charity of which the Wise Man says: “Charity covers all sins.” [Prov. 10:12]. God desired Elijah to advance thus far when he said to him “Hide yourself by the brook Cherith” [1 Kg. 17: 3-4]. ~~~~~ The other part of the goal of this life is granted us as the free gift of God: namely, to taste somewhat in the heart and to experience in the soul, not only after death, but even in this mortal life, the intensity of the divine presence and the sweetness of the glory of heaven. This is to drink of the torrent of the love of God. God promised it to Elijah in the words “You shall drink from the brook.”
Stats from the beginning
- 142,417 Visitors
Visitors by Country
As of January 30, 2011 - in just 7 months time since this counter was started:
113 different countries (174 flags) have visited here!!! I am amazed at how far reaching this site has become..
The top 10 are:
1. United States (All 51 states), 2. Phillipines, 3. India, 4. United Kingdom, 5. Australia, 6. Canada, 7. Chile, 8. France, 9. Ireland, 10. Italy
The Newest Country to the list - Netherlands Antilles.
A few surprising ones:
- Bahrain, Kenya, Columbia, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, New Zealand, United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, Iran, Korea, Viet Nam, Quatar, Kuwait, Brunei Darussalam and some countries that I have never heard of.
Click on the chart below to see them all.